This work provides an in-depth analysis of the ingenious system that the Framers designed to identify the best possible presidential candidates.
Unfortunately the system has been destroyed by the machinations of party politics. All patriots interested in restoring the Framers’ original plan will recognize the need to understand this unique process.
Important concepts discussed:
• Direct vs. indirect elections
• A representative republic vs. a democracy
• The role of independent electors
• Electoral votes are nominating votes
• The principle of federalism
• The subversion of the process by political parties
• The 12th Amendment institutionalized party usurpation
• The empty shell we have today
Gary and Carolyn Alder are dedicated to teaching the principles of freedom.